As an innovative, forward-thinking company, we place great value on the quality and reliability of our products. All the items in our range are subject to strict quality control. Should a product, contrary to expectations, show faulty function or defects, we offer a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty on the basis of the warranty statement below.
Trio Lighting Group* takes on a voluntary LED functional warranty of 5 years to consumers of lamps from the TRIO/REALITY range with integrated LEDs bought on or after 01/04/2017 (purchase date), and 3 years for lamps with integrated LEDs bought before 01/04/2017. “Consumer” for the purposes of this manufacturer’s warranty is any natural or legal person who is the owner of a TRIO or REALITY product and has not acquired it in order to sell it on or to install it for third parties within the scope of its commercial or independent professional activity. “Initial end consumer” is the consumer who was the first to acquire the product from an authorised dealer or another natural or legal person who resells or installs the product within the scope of their commercial or independent professional activity.
As above, the voluntary LED functional warranty lasts for 5 or 3 years and begins with the date of purchase by the initial end consumer.
The voluntary function warranty covers the proper lighting function of the lamps, as well as the functionality of the electronic components.
The scientific state of knowledge at the time of manufacture is decisive here.
For lamps with integrated LEDs the following limitation applies with regard to their warranted and orderly lighting function: Given the current state of technology the lighting performance of LEDs may diminish in the course of their life cycle, but it does not suddenly fail. This ageing process (degradation) is primarily down to thermal influences on the crystal and is completely normal for LED technology. This is use-conditioned wear and tear.
The lifespan of LEDs is measured or determined using the point in time when their light-technical value is at least a so-called L70/B10 value. The designation L70 means that an LED’s light performance has fallen to 70% of its initial value since entering use. All LEDs consist of several smaller LED modules and the B10 value indicates that 10% of the installed LED modules do not reach this value. At the end of their life the LEDs are still fully functioning, but with lower light performance.
This means that a reduction in the lighting effect of the LED lamps within their lifespan in the aforementioned scope does not represent a fault in accordance with the current state of science and technology.
In the event of a fault or defect arising within the term of the warranty, the warranty service involves TRIO Lighting Group* either repairing the product for free or replacing it with a product of the same kind and type, according to its own choice. In so far as the affected lights are no longer available when the fault arises, TRIO Lighting Group is entitled to supply a similar product of equal value.
Warranty services do not entail an extension of the warranty period, nor do they bring a new warranty into effect. The remaining warranty period from the original warranty period also applies to the replacement product.
The claim to warranty services is only valid if the seller is notified immediately in writing and TRIO Lighting Group* is informed after 2 years, also in writing. This notification must occur without undue delay after the fault in the product becomes known within the warranty period. The original purchase receipt showing the orderly acquisition of the product, as well as the affected product itself, must be provided. The relevant purchase receipts should therefore be kept until the end of the warranty period.
All replaceable lamps, all second choice product sold as such and presentation samples are explicitly excluded from this warranty.
This warranty promise is also subject to the condition that
• the products are used as intended,
• the installation instructions according to the attached instruction manual were followed, and the limits for supply voltage and environmental influences have been observed,
• no additions, conversions or other modifications have been made to the product,
• the maintenance, care and use of the product has occurred according to the instruction manual,
• the prescribed lamps were used, which meet the relevant norms and regulations,
• no chemical and physical effects on the material surface of the product have arisen through unsuitable use, for example through damage by incorrect cleaning products or sharp objects, as well as breakage and force. Such damages are not covered by the warranty promise,
• the sale documents were neither changed nor rendered illegible.
Whether the above warranty applies in a warranty case or not does not limit your statutory rights in relation to warranty and consumer protection. Your rights according to product liability law in cases of intent and gross negligence are not limited by this manufacturer’s warranty.
* The above warranty conditions apply for the following companies affiliated with the Trio Lighting Group:
• TRIO Leuchten GmbH, Dieselstraße 4 – 59823 Arnsberg
• REALITY Leuchten GmbH, Dieselstraße 4 – 59823 Arnsberg
• TRIO International GmbH, Dieselstraße 4 – 59823 Arnsberg
• TRIO Lighting Ibèrica S.L., Avda. Corts Catalanes, 5-7 - 08173 Sant Cugat de Valles - Barcelona
• TRIO Lighting Italia s. r. l., Via Padre Giuseppe Masciadri 2 H - 22066 Mariano Comense
• TRIO Lighting Scandinavia Oy, Malmin raitti, rappu B - 00700 Helsinki
• TRIO Lighting Türkiye Ltd. Sti., Inönü Mahllesi Kayisdagi Caddesi Münüre is Merkezi. No. 28 K:2 D:2 - 34704 Atasehir - Istanbul
• ArnsbergerLicht, Inc., 18020 S. Figueroa Street, Gardena, CA 90248 Los Angeles - USA